Omnisphere install issue

Hardware and software instruments, soundware, patches and sample libraries

Omnisphere install issue

Postby Eyalc » Sat, 20 Sep 2008 7:59 pm

Hello all,

I have installed Omnisphere three times, but the same thing keeps happening. After the install, I launch Logic and open an instance of Omnisphere. The very first patch I select shows the progress percentage reach 100%, then I get a popup error:

Cannot load SoundSource "blah, blah" from Directory Core Library. File "xxxx.zmap" may be missing or corrupted. Try refreshing the SoundSource Browser.

Questions:

1. Anyone else have this problem and solve it?
2. How do I refresh the SoundSource Browser?

Notes:

1. Before each resintall I did a search and deleted everything Omnisphere.
2. I am installing on an external drive - not enough space on the boot drive.
3. I am using a Dual G5, OS 10.4.11
4. This doesn't happen with every patch I select, but a bunch of them.
5. I did a search for each "zmap" file, and there was none on my drive. I would think I should see it?

Anyone have an idea what could be the problem?

Thanks!
Eyalc

Postby whtrabit » Sat, 20 Sep 2008 8:10 pm

Two questions:
1. Did you direct each install disk to the external disk you wanted to install on
2. Did you download and install the two update files
jimmy

Core2Duo 2GHz Macbook/2GB RAM/OSX.5.6
Dual 1.42GHz G4 PowerMac FW800/2GB RAM/OSX.5.6
PTMP 8/Reason 4/Live 7
whtrabit
Site Supporter

Postby Eyalc » Sat, 20 Sep 2008 8:20 pm

1. Yup, selected the same folder on the same drive.
2. Yes, did that too.

Not sure what's going on. Any ideas?
Eyalc

Postby davey boy » Sun, 21 Sep 2008 7:35 am

Make sure you've downloaded the whole patch update. I had a problem and for some reason firefox didn't download the whole update patch. I redownloaded with Safari, and fixed it.
Dave
http://www.dbwproductions.com
2.8 ghz 8 core, DP 7.2, Logic 9.1.1 PT LE 7.4.2, tons of other stuff, real studio great for
composers and producers!
davey boy

Postby Eyalc » Sun, 21 Sep 2008 11:46 am

Did you have the same problem? Or a different one? I'm using Safari, and I don't think I had a problem with the download. I actually downloaded it multiple times, but still no luck. Still can't load some of the content.
Eyalc

Postby dbolt » Sun, 21 Sep 2008 6:44 pm

Eyalc wrote:Did you have the same problem? Or a different one? I'm using Safari, and I don't think I had a problem with the download. I actually downloaded it multiple times, but still no luck. Still can't load some of the content.

I would send Spectrasonics an email explaining the issue... Eric usually pops up around here but I don't think he will be here all the time.... so your best bet on this issue would be to email them or call them... hit their site up go to support and put in name and serial number....
dbolt

Postby hurtle » Mon, 22 Sep 2008 1:47 am

Have you tried downloading the latest updates from Spectrasonics?

Omnisphere Patch Library 1.0.1
Omnisphere Soundsource Library 1.0.1

One of these (I can't remember which) fixes a problem of loading certain patches.

Hope this helps. . .
Logic 9.1, Mac Pro 2.66, Remote SL25, Focusrite Saffire LE, Smorgasbord of Plug-ins
hurtle
Site Supporter

Postby Eyalc » Wed, 24 Sep 2008 4:09 pm

Yes, I have all the latest updates. Contacted Spectrasonics support, but no resolution yet. Gave me a suggestion but it didn't help. I'm starting to think that the issue is because I installed directly to an external drive. But I don't know, I recall reading about a few people that installed directly to an external drive as well.

I'm waiting to hear back from Spectrasonics again. I tried calling support, but no one answers, so I'm stuck waiting for email responses. I'll update everyone when I get it resolved, just in case anyone else has the same issues as I'm having. I'm hoping to get it resolved asap. As of this coming Friday I'll be sitting on this for 1 week without it functioning correctly.
Eyalc

Postby mr.green » Thu, 25 Sep 2008 4:52 pm

Eyalc wrote:Yes, I have all the latest updates. Contacted Spectrasonics support, but no resolution yet. Gave me a suggestion but it didn't help. I'm starting to think that the issue is because I installed directly to an external drive. But I don't know, I recall reading about a few people that installed directly to an external drive as well.

I'm waiting to hear back from Spectrasonics again. I tried calling support, but no one answers, so I'm stuck waiting for email responses. I'll update everyone when I get it resolved, just in case anyone else has the same issues as I'm having. I'm hoping to get it resolved asap. As of this coming Friday I'll be sitting on this for 1 week without it functioning correctly.

first post (hope it is helpful)

I had this issue also.
I found out my "textures" library did not fully install.
check to make sure all your installed folders match the size of the disk folders (my installed textures was about 1.7 GB, it should have been over 2 GB)

don't re-install... simply drag the folders from the install disk and overwrite the "corrupt" folders on your external.
if it is your textures samples you will find them on disk 2.

good luck
mr.green

patches in omnisphere missing/corrupted

Postby Primrose85 » Fri, 26 Sep 2008 4:23 am

Hello all. I am having the same issue but with my distorted category. I am running omnisphere on a secondary drive in a mac pro. When I installed it i didn't create a folder, so it created one called library and this is where everything is located. I downloaded the update and this made no difference. Did any one have any luck by dragging in the appropriate folder from the disc to replace the corrupted files? It seems quite a few people are having the same issue. Hopefully I can get it sorted this evening!
Primrose85

Postby Eyalc » Sat, 27 Sep 2008 9:57 am

I am doing just that - I'm copying everything manually. Haven't finished yet, but I'll give it a try when I'm done and report back.

If this doesn't work, this thing is getting put on the shelf until they resolve this install issue. Have to start a new project (which I was hoping to use this on), so hopefully by the time that's done in a couple months they will have resolved this issue.

But, I'm jumping the gun for now - I'm hoping that copying everything manually will do the trick. Report back soon...
Eyalc

Postby GlennO » Sat, 27 Sep 2008 10:27 am

In the finder, go to:

/Users/<your user name>/Library/Application Support/Spectrasonics

Double click on STEAM and do a Get Info on the Omnisphere folder. If your install succeeded, the size of that folder should be in excess of 40GB.

Also, check support.spectrasonics.net for FAQs that address some install problems.

- Glenn
GlennO

Postby Eyalc » Sat, 27 Sep 2008 10:40 am

That's what the Spectrasonics support guy asked me to do. I did that, and the size is 42.05gb, so it seems like I'm good there. But is your larger than that? I don't know what the size should be.

Thanks for your input.
Eyalc

Postby GlennO » Sat, 27 Sep 2008 10:48 am

That's correct. Now, exactly what problem are you getting? Is it still the problem you mentioned in your original post? Does every patch give you that same error? Try at least one patch in each category. What is an example of one patch which gives you that error and what exactly is the error message for that one patch?

- Glenn
GlennO

Re: patches in omnisphere missing/corrupted

Postby GlennO » Sat, 27 Sep 2008 10:54 am

Primrose85 wrote:Hello all. I am having the same issue but with my distorted category. I am running omnisphere on a secondary drive in a mac pro. When I installed it i didn't create a folder, so it created one called library and this is where everything is located. I downloaded the update and this made no difference. Did any one have any luck by dragging in the appropriate folder from the disc to replace the corrupted files? It seems quite a few people are having the same issue. Hopefully I can get it sorted this evening!

If it's only the Distorted category, then I'm sure the problem is you just need the 1.0.1 update. If you already applied it, please go through the process again of downloading 1.0.1 (both the patch AND the soundsource updates), just to make sure. After you apply the updates, load Omnisphere, click on the logo, click on Check for Updates and verify that 1.0.1 has been installed.

- Glenn
GlennO

Next

Return to Instruments